It is a common entry route for many marketing professionals who later progress into more senior positions. Typical job titles include digital communications assistant, digital marketing assistant, marketing administrator, marketing assistant, marketing communications assistant, marketing junior and social media assistant.
With apprentices assessed by the Chartered Institute of Marketing, JGA has a strong record with new apprenticeship training with the vast majority of apprentices who reach assessment achieving merit and distinction. Great brands such as magic circle law firm Eversheds Sutherland, RSPCA, arbitration body ACAS and lots of local authorities trust us to deliver their high-quality entry-level marketing apprenticeships.
This programme has been refreshed for 2024 and is an update to the previous programmes of Marketing Assistant and Digital Marketer.
It comprises four core modules, each taking around three months to complete:
- The Business Environment
- Organisational charts, types of businesses, structures and hierarchies, objectives and aim setting
- Sustainable and ethical marketing, how to create a plan, analysing competitors
- Measurement tools, tracking behaviour, how to match metrics up with objectives, budget setting
- Social Media and Content Creation
- Social media platforms, matching these to organisational goals, how to choose channels, laws and regulations, new technologies in marketing
- Creating a social media marketing plan, how to post to different platforms, content differentiation, making briefs
- Monitoring social media performance against objectives, creating evaluations
- Branding and Offline Marketing
- What branding is, how to communicate a brand, tangible and intangible branding, analysing brand identity and impact
- Applying branding, promoting a brand
- Measuring brand effectiveness
- SEO and PPC
- Ranking factors, SEO, accessible web development, technical SEO, keyword research
- PPC, links with SEO, planning for PPC campaigns, creating and running a PPC campaign, advertising
- PPC and SEO evaluation, measurement of website performance against goals
The apprenticeship is designed to meet the requirements for Affiliate Membership of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), Power membership of the Digital Marketing Institute (DMI) for Power and Individual membership of the Data and Marketing Association (DMA).
The course is delivered through twice monthly half-day seminars and coaching from an experienced marketing professional, as well as a virtual classroom and pre-recorded lessons. Each module has accompanying project work. We deliver nationally and all teaching is presently delivered remotely.