This year, we’re recruiting approximately 10 roles.
The job will be based in London (1 Horse Guards Road, SW1A 2HQ) or Darlington (Bishopsgate House, DL1 5QE until the office in central Darlington is established in 2022)
If London based, you’ll receive £24,300 per year, with a pay rise to £26,750 following successful completion of your apprenticeship
If Darlington based, you’ll receive £21,550 per year, with a pay rise to £24,000 following successful completion of your apprenticeship
This post is available on a full time, part time or job share basis, and flexible working hours can be accommodated.
If working full time, the working hours of this post are 42 per week (including meal breaks of 1 hour a day) unless you have a legacy agreement as an existing Civil Servant.
At Treasury, we work in a hybrid working pattern where our people split their time working in the office and working from home. Further information about these working arrangements will be discussed between you and your manager, before you start with us.
HM Treasury views flexible working as essential in enabling us to recruit and retain talented people, ensuring that they are able to enjoy a long-lasting career with us. All employees have the right to apply for flexible working and there are a range of options available including working some of your time from home, compressed hours and job sharing. We operate a flexitime system, allowing employees to adjust their working hours provided business needs are met.
We also offer a generous maternity/ paternity and adoption leave package.
- 25 days’ annual leave (rising to 30 after 5 years), plus 8 public holidays and the Queen’s birthday (unless you have a legacy arrangement as an existing Civil Servant)
- Flexible working patterns (part-time, condensed hours)
- Access to a generous Defined Benefit pension scheme with employer contributions. Find out more about Civil Service pensions
- Onsite restaurant and coffee bar, gym, showers and prayer room
- Access to a cycle-to-work salary sacrifice scheme, season ticket advances and payroll giving
- Access to a retail discounts and cashback site
- A Rental Deposit Advance Scheme to help meet the total costs of deposits for privately rented homes
- A range of active staff networks, based around interests (e.g. apprentices network, analysts, music society, sports and social club) and diversity (e.g. women in the Treasury, ethnic minority network, LGBT* network, faith and belief network)
- Sign up to NUS Apprenticeship card which offers discounts
- Apprentices may be eligible for the TFL Oyster apprentice discount
Apply for a role