To be eligible for this apprenticeship, you will need to:
- Have left full time education when the apprenticeship starts
- Not be in receipt of funding for other learning programmes (including another apprenticeship)
- Have the right to work in the UK, without the need for employer sponsorship
- Meet the Civil Service Nationality Rules: this means you must be a UK or Irish citizen, a citizen of a Commonwealth country, or an EU/EEA citizen eligible for the EU Settlement Scheme
- To have lived in the UK for at least 3 out of the last 5 years, to be eligible for the security clearance needed for the role
- Have 5 GCSEs including English and Maths, grade A*-C/9-4, or equivalent Level 2 qualifications
- Have 2 A Levels, grade D and above or equivalent Level 3 qualifications (e.g. BTEC, Level 3 apprenticeship)
Please note that possession of certain qualifications and/or direct work experience may impact your eligibility for this opportunity.
Individuals who hold or who are working towards a similar qualification of the same level or higher qualification (i.e., policy and/or politics) will not be eligible to apply. For those who have a mixed degree, if 50% or more of your degree is policy and/or politics, you will not be eligible to apply. This is due to apprenticeship funding rules. As apprenticeship funding must not be used to pay for training the apprentice does not need as they already have the knowledge, skills, and behaviours for the apprenticeship. If you apply and are found to already possess any of the above, your application will not be considered, and any offer of employment will be withdrawn.
If you are a graduate and interested in working in policy, we would encourage to consider HM Treasury’s Graduate Development Programme.
Candidates who have a qualification in a different subject (e.g. undergraduate degree in business administration) can apply so long as they meet the above eligibility requirements.
If you are unsure on whether you will be eligible for this apprenticeship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about the application process, please read our candidate pack and FAQ.
Adjustments in the recruitment process
HM Treasury is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. We want to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the role. So, we welcome the opportunity to speak with you to discuss what adjustments can be made to help you demonstrate your full potential whatever the type of assessment used.
If you require any adjustments to our recruitment process, please let us know on your application form or contact us on email@example.com. You’ll be able to discuss your specific needs at each stage of the process with a member of our recruitment team.
Use the buttons below to apply for a role in either London or Darlington. Applications close on Sunday 8 May at 11.59pm.