Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner Level 4
Duration: 6 months
Our NCFE CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner (EYAP) covers the age ranges of 0-5 years. It is a work-based qualification and you must be employed in an early years setting at Level 3 with an Early Years Level 3 qualification to complete this course.
This course will equip you as an Advanced Practitioner; an important role model. You will be able to use crucial leadership skills to mentor others across all roles and responsibilities in the early year’s workforce, it will challenge you in both your daily practice and theoretical understanding.
You will have the opportunity to build on your knowledge and understanding of early years practice, and develop skills that will promote quality, encourage leadership, prepare you for management responsibilities and allow for growth in coaching and mentoring others.
The Early Years Advanced Practitioner course has five mandatory units:
- Enabling children to learn
- Promoting health and well-being through physical activity and nutrition co-ordination (PANCo) in the early years
- Working with others to support children with additional needs, including Special Educational Needs and Disability.
- Working with families and other professionals in early years settings
- Implementing change in an early years setting incorporating a small scale research project
This exciting qualification is delivered through 3 hours a week of live, interactive, teaching via Zoom or Microsoft Teams plus coaching from experts as well as virtual classroom and pre-recorded lessons. All teaching is presently delivered remotely and there is an active programme of starts despite Covid-19.
It is suitable for people who:
- Are aged 19 years or over
- Are working in the Early Years sector
- Already hold a level 3 Early Years qualification
It would suit learners who are looking to develop leadership and specialist skills for use in their current role, or in preparation to take on a specialist role such as a Special Educational Needs Coordinator or a Physical Activity and Nutrition Coordinator.
It would also suit learners who want to progress to further learning to take on a position of leadership within the setting.
Develop Your Career in Early Years Education
To apply or find out more about our Early Years Advanced Practitioner course, please complete the form below, or call us on 020 8426 2666.