Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care Level 2
Duration: 8 weeks
This NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate is made up of 4 mandatory knowledge units and is designed for learners wishing to develop their understanding of the safe handling of medicines.
This qualification aims to help learners develop:
- a general understanding of different types of medication and their use
- knowledge of the procedures for obtaining, storing, administering and disposing of medication
- an understanding of legislation and the audit process related to medication and issues of responsibility and accountability
- an understanding of the record-keeping process for medication.
The course takes around 8 weeks to complete.
The course units are:
- Understand medication and prescriptions
- Supply, storage and disposal of medication
- Understand the requirement for the safe administration of medication
- Record keeping and audit processes for medication.
It is delivered through live, interactive, teaching via Zoom or Microsoft Teams plus coaching from experts as well as virtual classroom and pre-recorded lessons.
This course is free for people who meet certain eligibility criteria.
To be eligible for funding you must be:
- Aged 19+
- Resident in a London Borough
- A UK resident for at least 3 consecutive years
EEA nationals already in the UK before 31 December 2020 must hold settled or pre-settled status granted under the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS).
Get in touch to find out more