The Principles of Dementia Care Level 2
Duration: 12 weeks
This NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate has 7 mandatory knowledge units and aims to assist learners to develop their knowledge and understanding of the principles of caring for those with dementia.
It covers areas such as person-centred care, the influence of positive communication methods, issues relating to the use of medication for those with dementia and the importance of providing appropriate activities.
The course takes around 12 weeks to complete.
It is delivered through live, interactive, teaching via Zoom or Microsoft Teams plus coaching from experts as well as virtual classroom and pre-recorded lessons.
The course units are:
- Dementia awareness
- The person-centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
- Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person-centred approach
- Understand behaviour in the context of dementia
- Understand the benefits of engaging in activities in social care..
This course is free for people who meet certain eligibility criteria.
To be eligible for funding you must be:
- Aged 19+
- Resident in a London Borough
- A UK resident for at least 3 consecutive years
EEA nationals already in the UK before 31 December 2020 must hold settled or pre-settled status granted under the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS).
Get in touch to find out more